Sunday, August 17, 2008

Karma

I'm a believer in karma. I believe that if you're a nice person and genuinely care about people other than yourself, good things will come to you and you'll lead a happy life. I also think that if you treat others unkindly and are self-centered, you most likely will (if you're not already) lead an unhappy life and bad things will come your way. But how do we know if karma exists? The answer is that you never really do know because the people you experience in passing who make an impression on you, you most likely will not get to see karma reach them.
For example, a co-worker of mine is an ass, to put it bluntly. He loves to hear himself talk and to put others down. When he talks and tells people what to do, I always think how I can't stand him. Then I start to think about karma, and how he's a 50 year old man that main thing in his life is this job that I, a 22 year old can do. It almost makes me feel sorry for him because this is probably the most he will do in his life. The people who work under him are going places in their lives, and will not remain at this work place forever. I think about karma with this man and how I will never get to see it pan out because I will be long gone from this job by the time it may pan out. However, I still believe in it, although I may not see it happen.
Treat others the way you want to be treated. It's such an elementary phrase, yet it's so important in life. If you're kind to others karma will come your way and others will be kind to you. Sometimes you may not realize it right away, but I believe that karma is real and everyone experiences it in some way or another.

1 comment:

Keith Roberts said...

Ha ha, yes indeed. Karma is a hard thing to believe in. If you believe in Karma, then do you not believe in God? Karma says that if you do good things, then good things will happen to you. So is that God's doing? But then Karma also says that if you do bad things, then bad things happen to you. But why would God do bad things to people? Doesn't God love everybody? Karma is a weird thing. Is it Karma, or God? Or something else.

Good good blog big D! I like stuff that makes ya think...yes indeed!