Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ch-ch-changes


The last time I wrote a blog was February 2009. A lot of things have changed in my life since then. A lot of GREAT things have happened. First, I graduated from college with a B.S. degree in elementary and special education. It poured during the ceremony, but that made it all the more memorable. I was accepted into graduate school, and have just completed my first week of classes. I should have a master's degree in a year and half in elementary education. It's going to be hard work but it's going to be worth it. We've been to a bunch of concerts, including Dave Matthews, Billy Joel and Elton John, and Paul McCartney. We've been to Washington, D.C. where I've never been before. I got a tattoo. We've been to a bunch of baseball games, including the Phillies and Yankees. We've spent a lot of time with friends and family.

The biggest change that's happened is that I'm now happily engaged to my wonderful fiance. He proposed to me on June 11, 2009 in Saratoga, NY. It had been almost 4 years to the day that we had our first date. He took me where we went that day and said the most beautiful things to me, got down on one knee and popped the question. It was absolutely perfect- I couldn't have imagined a better way to do it.

Right now we're in the middle of planning our wedding. I'm so excited to get married and to see what other changes happen in our lives. By this time next year, we will be married. He will be finished grad school and will hopefully have a job in substance abuse counseling. I will be in my last semester of graduate school. Who knows where we'll go from there? I don't, and I like it that way. Change can be a scary thing, but in these cases it's a great thing.

No comments: