Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Time Slips Away


Right now I'm taking classes online full time, working at a restaurant part time, substituting occasionally, and planning my wedding. Even though this is a lot of stuff to be doing, I sometimes feel that I am wasting precious time. I think that there are a lot of things I could be doing with my time rather than sitting on the computer looking at random people's Facebook status, or watching reruns of Friends and the Office. I always wanted to learn the guitar, so why not start now? I want to read a lot of different books, so why not start now? I think that a lot of times we take the time that we have for granted, and don't put it to good use. I know that I will not always have all day to stay at home, and work just a couple hours at night. I think that when I look back on these times where I do get to sit at home all day, I'll ask myself why I didn't do something more productive with my time. I'm going to try not to take advantage of my time anymore. The main reason I stay home all day is because everything outside of my home costs money. I have been exercising more and doing a lot of school work, but a good portion of my day consists of Facebooking and watching tv. I'm going to try to spend more time doing enjoyable things that aren't a waste of time. I'm going to try and do more school work during the day than not school work, so that I can finish before the semester is over. "Time wastes our bodies and our wits, but we waste time, so we are quits." ~Author Unknown

1 comment:

Keith Roberts said...

Good for you...you should learn guitar. then we can jam. and what about willie nelson....he has that song, aint it funny how time slips away. also, done by dave every once and a while.

i think like that sometimes too.
good stuff des...good good stuff