Monday, March 28, 2011

Bad TV



This weekend it was cold and rainy here in NC. Not typical weather for this time of month down here. It was the perfect for weekend for some mindless, bad TV. We had to watch some mindless entertainment. What better show than Dawson's Creek? The show was filmed in our state, in Wilmington, where we've been and love. The kids talk like 35 year old adults instead of highschoolers. It's like Beverly Hills, 90210 without all the messed up situations, like Dylan's dad getting blown up, or Kelly getting burned in a house. It was the perfect remedy to a lazy rainy weekend. I think sometimes it's good to watch some bad TV. It's mindless entertainment that gets you away from reality. Thursday nights I stay up way later than normal so that my husband and I can watch Jersey Shore. Worst show ever. There's domestic violence, drunken nights, and horrible tans. We sit on our couch together and laugh at the stupidity. I'm always super tired Friday when I was up, but it's worth it to have quality time with my man watching bad TV. While we watch Jersey Shore, or even Dawson's Creek, I'm not thinking of all the lesson plans that I need to write or the impending EOGs or what grades my kids are making or my grad school work or the other million things I think about every other minute during the week. We both work pretty high stress jobs, so it's nice to just veg out and watch some really bad TV. Try it sometime. I bet it makes you forget your problems for the time being.

No comments: