Saturday, March 12, 2011

Married Life



"How's married life treating you?"

I get asked this questions all the time, especially since I got married just this past August. "It's great" I'll reply. "Does it feel any different" they'll ask. "Not really" I say. I think that this reply always throws people for a loop. They think that because I say I don't feel any different it must be going bad or I must not be enjoying it. The truth is: I really don't feel different, but everything in my life is amazing right now. I think that it's normal to feel the same after being married, especially when you've lived together for 4 years.
My husband and I started dating in the summer of 2005. I moved into his NC apartment in the summer of 2006. We got engaged in the summer of 2009. We got married in the summer of 2010. By the time we got married, we were used to each other's routines. We had already lived together, shared bills together, gone grocery shopping together, decorated the apartment together, and did all of these wonderful things together. Now that we're married, we still get to do all of those things together, but we now share the same last name, and we both have wedding bands on our pictures. Oh, and the Goodfellas picture that was above our mantle has now been replaced with a wedding picture- though I'm not sure how happy he is about that one :)
The truth is, I'm still absolutely crazy about him. I still get excited to go home to him, I'm still excited to wake up next to him, I'm still excited to go on our weekly movie date, I'm still excited to go to concerts with him, I'm still excited to take a walk with him, I'm still excited to cuddle on the couch with him, I'm still excited to eat dinner with him, I'm still excited just to be with him. So if you ever ask someone how married life is, and they reply with it's the same, don't think that there's something wrong with them. I feel so lucky to have the life that I do. My husband and I both found jobs that we love in this difficuly economy, and we support each other's professions. We both come from great families. We are saving money, and still have a great time. We still go to concerts (hello DMB in Atlantic City!!) and to the beach and have an amazing time together. Sorry if this was mushy, but it was on my mind because I do get asked that question all the time!!I love getting asked it, because I love being married, it's just as wonderful as when we were engaged, and it's just as wonderful as when we were dating.

No comments: